Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Thank you for not smoking

It's called second-hand smoke people. What's so hard to understand about that?

Businesses won't lose business. I've lived in other major metropolitan areas that have a smoking ban, and guess what? Nothing really changed. My friends who smoked still smoked, they just did it outside. If anything I (as a non-smoker) went out to bars and clubs a lot more than I used to because I knew I wasn't going to come home smelling like an ashtray. So I parked my butt at the bar more often and spent MORE money on drinks and dining out. Anecdotal evidence sure, but the notion that the Bagg End's customers will never return after the law goes into effect is just silly.

The Boots & Sabers crowd like to pretend that there is no government regulation already, and that the smoking ban is just one more step towards us all speaking Russian.

Click here to read the full fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment